Skip to main content

The Gospel



There is no more beautiful message than the Gospel (Good News) of Jesus Christ whether you believe it or not. That's the beauty of it too - it's there to discover. When you start on the journey, the roots will grow deep if you permit them and if you have a fertile heart.

The central theme of the Gospel is LOVE. LOVE walked on earth as a Man to redeem us with His blood. The only reason He did it was LOVE. We can experience forgiveness when we repent of our sins and accept Christ now. 'Behold now is the accepted time, behold now is the day of salvation.' 2 Corinthians 6:2

The other side of the Gospel is a warning. If we do not acknowledge Him as Lord on earth, we can have no part of His life in eternity. Jesus talked more about hell than heaven. There is no reason to doubt His words. Those not covered by Christ's righteousness have no access to the eternal God. Only He can deliver from the wrath to come (1 Thessalonians 1:10).  'Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son does not have life.' 1 John 5:12

Salvation is there for the taking and it's amazing! The Creator of the universe wants to redeem you, to commune with you and delight in you. The mystery of the Gospel has been revealed and most are oblivious to its content. Read the book of Ephesians and learn more about this wonderful revelation.

God bless you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery that is Macedonia

When I first came to Macedonia on a visit in 2001, I found this little country so intriguing and breathtakingly beautiful that I happily accepted the invitation to return for a longer period. That ‘longer period’ has now extended itself to several years during which I have had many enriching, memorable experiences. I thought it might be interesting to jot down a few observations about the difference in culture. I appeal to my Macedonian readers not to misunderstand my intentions. What I have observed are customs and habits which are as normal to you as breathing and sleeping, but to someone from an entirely different culture, they are both interesting and noteworthy. It is always thrilling for me to explore how various nations function and it is nothing short of a privilege to experience a foreign culture first-hand. Hospitality Macedonians are a friendly, hospitable people. I do not know how many times they have almost literally killed me with kindness. Indeed, I have often...

Quiet Time

I must admit, I love the morning. The peace, the silence, the coffee... And most importantly, the presence of God! The Psalmist loved the morning. We can catch his sense of joy as he lifted up his heart to praise Yahweh, the Keeper of his soul. It is good to give thanks to the LORD, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, And Your faithfulness every night, On an instrument of ten strings, On the lute, And on the harp, With harmonious sound. For You, LORD, have made me glad through Your work; I will triumph in the works of Your hands. Psalm 92:1-4 Even though I grew up in a Christian family, I did not realize the importance of having a ‘quiet time’ with God each morning until I was 18. This materialized through a challenging teaching on the subject one Saturday evening. Then began an incredible journey of discovering truth for myself. The Bible is the LIVING WORD OF GOD! How exciting to hold it in our hands and learn throu...

Who Was St. Patrick?

While half the world turns green today in celebratory euphoria without much knowledge of St. Patrick’s legacy, the day has a deeper meaning for me. But first, let us look at the man himself. Slemish Mountain, Co. Antrim, N. Ireland. Myths Debunked There are three commonly held  untruths  about St. Patrick, Patron Saint of Ireland: 1. St. Patrick was Irish. St. Patrick was not Irish. He hailed from a rich, Romanized family in Great Britain; in the 5th Century, Irish raiders attacked his parent’s estate and brought the 16-year-old as a slave to Ireland. Legend claims he tended sheep either on a volcanic plug known as Slemish Mountain, Co. Antrim, or near Killala, Co. Mayo for the six years of his captivity. 2. He banished all snakes from Ireland. This is a myth which grew around the life and acts of St. Patrick. Snakes simply could not cross the Irish Sea after the Ice Age. The only reptile that made its way to Ireland was the common lizard. 3. He introduced Christianity to Irel...